It is true, Macs are a bit expensive and Mac users are more selective. But, brand loyalty aside, Macs actually have a number of neat features that are interesting and fun to use. So, when you find yourself in the mood to do something entertaining without having to leave the comforts of your home, you need not look further than your Mac. You have endless options. As long as it is functional and working, you will never be bored again.
1. Personalize Your Mac’s Desktop Appearance
There is nothing wrong with personalizing your Mac to your liking and preference. After all, it’s yours. Although there are a plethora of websites out there dedicated to personalizing the themes of Macs, know that you can do it yourself. Below, we’ll share with you some cool Mac tips on how to customize your Mac’s appearance.
Change Wallpapers Every Now and Then
Do you have a lot of good photos you want to set as your Mac’s wallpaper? Not a problem. You can always change your wallpaper as you wish. Here’s how you do it:
- Go to System Preferences > Desktop.
- Go to the destination folder of the image you want to set as a wallpaper. Select the image.
- At this point, you will be prompted to decide if you want to change it automatically, set a frequency at which the wallpaper should change, or use it as is.
Change the Color Scheme of Your MacOS
Mac’s default color is blue. But, if you want to change it, feel free to do so by following these steps:
- Go to System Preferences > General.
- Change the Highlight Color to your color preference.
2. Customize Your Mac’s Menu Bar
Are you among the many Mac users who haven’t realized the importance of the menu bar? Well, it’s time to make a change. Plenty of apps use the menu bar to provide added information to users. But, did you know that other than showing information, there is other creative and cool stuff you can do with your menu bar? Check out this awesome menu bar Mac tricks:
Show Actual Battery Percentage
If you own a portable Mac, the usual menu bar battery indicator is purely an icon that does not show any information about your device’s battery life. You can change that.
- If your Mac is plugged in, click the battery indicator icon.
- Select Show Percentage. It should give you the actual percentage of the reading charge.
Change the Default Dictionary
The Dictionary app is one of Mac’s most useful tools. Though it is neat and simple, we cannot deny the fact that it efficiently gets its job done. However, if you enjoy looking up words in other languages, you can enable an alternate language.
- Launch the Dictionary app.
- Go to the Preferences window.
- Check the reference sources you prefer to have in the main app.
Change the Icons of Certain Apps
If you are dead serious about customizing your Mac, why not change the icons of the apps you installed? Don’t worry. The process should be easy.
- Download and save a .icns image you want to set as an app icon.
- Find the app you like to modify. Click it and select Get Info.
- Click the small icon located at the top left corner of the app.
- Press Command + V on your keyboard to paste the new icon.
Never A Dull Moment With Mac!
We’ve shown you what things you can do with your Mac when you feel bored, but these are just a few. Believe us, there are many more things you can do. Then again, before you play around and explore, we suggest you install a program that will protect your device against malware and some other threats, especially if you will be accessing the Internet to download files and images. Outbyte MacRepair is one tool you can trust.